Seychelles Travel Terms & Conditions
Seychelles Travel has made every effort to ensure that you will have an enjoyable holiday with us. Your contract is with Seychelles Travel, established in 1995, being a partnership between Ms Lucia Gregory and Mr Derek Gregory based at Brook House, Brook Lane, Woodlands, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 8LT, UK. We are a fully bonded holder of an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence (ATOL), licenced by the Civil Aviation Authority, ATOL Licence No.3751.
Your Financial Protection:
When you buy an ATOL protected flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate. In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some case it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate are unable to provide the services listed ( or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim againist us, the travel agent ( or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
- YOUR RESERVATION - Reservations made by yourself or a travel agent on your behalf will be allocated a booking reference. Any monies paid by you to a travel agent are held by that travel agent on our behalf. On receipt of your signed booking form and deposit, we will send you a confirmation invoice verifying the holiday details. It is then that a firm contract exists between you and Seychelles Travel on the terms of this brochure. This invoice will state the outstanding balance and due date for payment, no further reminder will be sent. All holidays and offers published in this brochure are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- PRICE GUARANTEE - We reserve the right to alter prices at any time before your reservation has been confirmed. Once your Confirmation Invoice has been issued it is guaranteed with the exception of currency fluctuations, tax increases and fuel surcharges. You will be advised of these increases immediately and your Confirmation Invoice will be amended accordingly.
- WEB SITE & BROCHURE DESCRIPTIONS - Every effort has been taken by Seychelles Travel in compiling our web site and brochure accurately. The descriptions are based on the latest information at the time of publication. However, changes in hotel facilities and description can occur notice and every effort is and will be made to amend the facilities and descriptions as soon as we are aware of any such changes.
- IF WE CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY - Our holidays offered are arranged months in advance and circumstances can change for a variety of reasons, we therefore reserve the right to change your holiday at any time. If changes are made, most will be of a MINOR NATURE (see below) and we will advise you of these at the earliest convenience, provided there is time before departure. In the event of a MAJOR CHANGE (see below) we will advise you at the earliest convenience, provided there is time before departure you will have the choice to: a) Accept the changed arrangements, b) Accept another holiday from us, or c) Cancel your holiday with a full refund. In addition, we will pay compensation as follows:
|Period before scheduled departure within which a MAJOR change is notified to you.||Compensation per full fare paying passenger|
|More than 42 days||Nil|
|Less than 7 days||£40.00|
A MINOR CHANGE is a change of aircraft, airline or flight departure time of less than 12 hours or a change or withdrawal of facilities offered by a hotel. We consider a MAJOR CHANGE is one involving a change of departure airport, other than Gatwick or Heathrow; time of departure or return by more than twelve hours, but not a flight delay as this is covered under our insurance policy; substitution of accommodation of a lower classification as given in our brochure.
IMPORTANT NOTICE Compensation payments do not apply to any changes, caused by force majeure (war, threat of war, terrorist activity, riots, civil commotion, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, technical problems, closure or congestion of airports, cancellation or changes by scheduled airlines or other such events outside our control).
- IF WE CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY - We reserve the right to cancel your holiday. If we do have to cancel your holiday we will return to you all monies you have paid or will offer you an alternative holiday of comparable standard. The above alternatives will not apply where the cancellation by us arises out of non-payment or late payment of any part of the cost of your holiday, or for any alterations requested by you within 8 weeks of departure, when cancellation charges will apply. We will not cancel your holiday within 8 weeks of departure save only in circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- WHAT HAPPENS TO COMPLAINTS - In the unlikely event that you have a complaint during your holiday, you are requested to inform the hotel or our local representative who will endeavour to rectify the situation. If your complaint cannot be settled locally you must complete a report form, obtainable from our local representative and forward a copy to ourselves within 28 days of your return along with your booking invoice number. We shall then reply to you within 21 days of receipt.
- OUR RESPONSIBILITIES - We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the holidays and services offered in this brochure are of a reasonable standard. We accept responsibility for the quality of the holidays and excursions booked with our local representatives. If any part is not provided as promised we will pay appropriate compensation if this has effected the enjoymentof your holiday, but this shall not apply in circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- PERSONAL INJURY - (Related with arrangements made by us) Seychelles Travel will pay to our clients damages as they would be entitled to under English Law in an English Court for any personal injury including illness or death caused by negligence by our agents, our employees or our supplies contracted or sub contracted by us as in our brochure, whilst acting within the scope of or in the course of their employment in the provision of your holiday (excluding air, sea and rail transportation performing domestic, internal or international journeys where our liability in all cases will be limited in the manner proved by the relevant international convention). Claims for personal injury must be made within 90 days of the incident and should we make any payments to you, we reserve the right to claim any compensation from the persons or suppliers responsible. Therefore by signing the booking form, you agree for yourself and any others for whom you are booking, that you assign to Seychelles Travel, any rights against a supplier or any other person or party you may have relating to the claim and you agree to co-operate fully with us should we or our insurers wish to enforce those rights which have been assigned to us or to which we are subjected to.
- PERSONAL INJURY - (Not related with arrangements made by us). If any client suffers personal injury, death or illness whilst on holiday overseas arising out of an activity which does not form part of your holiday arrangements, we will offer advice, guidance and assistance to help you in resolving any claim you may have against a third party, provided we are advised within 90 days of the incident. Any assistance offered by us is limited to a maximum cost of £5000 per booking form. If you decide to take legal action against the third party responsible and should a successful claim result either from the third party or an insurance policy claim then you must pay us costs we incurred in assisting you.
- INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION - Liability for death, personal injury or illness suffered is limited in terms of both amount and time in which a claim must be brought, our liability will not exceed any limitation applicable under any international convention governing even if that convention has not been ratified by or applied in the UK.
- NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE -
- Travel between your home and your departure airport and vice versa, except in the case of certain airline business and first class passengers.
- Your holiday insurance
- Personal expenditure such as porterage, tipping, telephone calls, extra meals etc
- Optional excursions, unless shown as being included at the relevant hotel.
- You will be advised by Seychelles Travel of any additional taxes or surcharges at the earliest opportunity.
- Your Confirmation Invoice will be amended accordingly
YOUR COMMITMENT TO SEYCHELLES TRAVEL
- BOOKING FORM AND PAYMENTS - Having chosen your holiday, you must then complete and sign the booking form, accepting on behalf of all your party, the terms of the booking conditions and send it to us with your holiday deposit of £200 per person, a wedding deposit of £300 per couple if required, or full payment if within ten (10) weeks of departure (70 days). Any balance must be paid no later than 10 weeks (70 days) before departure. If payment is not received, then we have the right to treat the booking as cancelled and cancellation charges will apply as detailed in section 4 below. Payment is accepted by cheque, bank transfer or debit card.
- A binding agreement will exist between us when you receive our confirmation invoice. On booking your holiday with Seychelles Travel, you are entering into an agreement. The Booking Conditions and separate Price Guide and Insurance Conditions form the basis of this agreement. Your agreement with us is made on these terms and is subject to English Law for both parties under the jurisdiction of the English Courts. Please note that an infant must be less than 2 years of age on the date of their outbound flight to qualify for infant status.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE - It is essential that all members of your booking have adequate travel insurance for long haul travel including repatriation,delayed international and domestic flights, medical expenses, personal accident, loss of baggage, death, valuables, cancellation or missed departures. If you travel without insurance Seychelles Travel cannot accept any responsibility for costs arising which would otherwise be covered by insurance.
- CHANGING YOUR BOOKING - To make any change to your booking, you must communicate this to us in writing signed by the person who signed the booking form or travel agent. A fee of £100 will be charged for each booking amendment. Any changes made within 8 weeks of the departure date will be treated as a cancellation and cancellation charges set out in section 4 will be incurred.
- CANCELLING YOUR HOLIDAY - All cancellations must be communicated to us in writing signed by the person who signed the booking form or travel agent. Upon receipt of your written cancellation, the following charges will apply:
|Over 42 Days||Your deposit|
|42-29 days||50% of holiday price|
|28-22 days||75% of holiday price|
|21- 6 days||90% of holiday price|
|5 days or less||100% of holiday price|
NOTE: If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM - If you have a problem whilst on holiday, you must speak to the hotel manager, relevant supplier or our destination representatives to enable them to resolve the problem. You must not wait to return from holiday to complain, as nothing can then be done to resolve the problem. If your problem cannot be resolved and you wish to pursue the matter further then you must put your complaint in writing and communicate it to Seychelles Travel within 28 days of return, quoting your holiday invoice number.
CONDITIONS OF YOUR TICKET - When travelling with an air carrier, the carrier’s conditions of carriage apply, some of which may limit or exclude liability. Copies of the conditions are available on request from Seychelles Travel.
BEHAVIOUR - Should anyone be refused admission to the flight or to the destination country by the airline or government authority, then we are powerless to assist and cannot be held responsible. Any passengers considered being unacceptably under the influence of drink or drugs may be denied boarding the aircraft or entry into the country. In these cases we shall consider that person as having given notice of cancellation and we shall be under no liability for any costs or charges incurred as a result of our doing so.